I keep getting emails asking about what one of my kettlebell boot camp workouts actually looks like. So I thought that, from the standpoint of helping you put your own workouts together, I would walk you through a typical day:
1. We usually start off with a dynamic warm up of some kind … something like the warm up I talked about in this post: How To Warm Up For Your Next Kettlebell Workout In 3 Minutes Or Less
2. Then we move on to a ‘strength circuit’ – this is sometimes kettlebells only, sometimes kettlebells and body weight or dumbbell exercises mixed together. It’s usually a combo of two exercises, performed for a specific amount of reps each and rotated back and forth for 5 minutes non-stop. This is a great set up that allows folks of various fitness levels to all get a great workout in a group setting. Here’s a video of one of my favorite combos (this is actually a sample video from a brand new workout program I have out – I’ll give you more details about it at the end of this post):
3. Then, we do two ‘conditioning circuits’ – this might be something like:
10 Kettlebell Squat Cleans
5 Kettlebell ‘Renegade Rows’ each side
10 Walking Overhead Kettlebell Lunges
And we’ll run through these sequences in the same fashion as many times as we can for 7-10 minutes.
4. I then take about 5 minutes to do core and/or corrective work – Planks, Hip Bridges, stuff like that.
5. To finish, we do a simple static stretch at the end.
In 45 minutes you get resistance training, conditioning work, core work, exercises for injury prevention, and flexibility – and that’s tough to beat 🙂
That’s the structure of a typical kettlebell boot camp workout at Forest Vance Training, Inc. Hope that helps you design your own boot camp workouts in the future!
Oh, and the video above is from my new 30 Day Rapid Fat Loss Challenge total transformation plan … if you’re trying to lose body fat, it’s for sure at least worth checking out. Heck, I’m giving away bonuses with it for the next few days (3 days to be exact) that are worth more than the actual product, including a free copy of the KettlebellBasics.net Quick Start Guide … and on top of that, the package is over 50% off. Get the details here:
One thought on “A Day At My Kettlebell Boot Camp …”
Pingback: Kettlebell Routines | Kettlebell Basics