Whether you’re keeping track of rest periods between sets, the length of your entire workout, if you’re doing as many reps as you can in a pre-determined amount of time, or if you’re doing a specific interval method like the Tabata protocol, having a reliable and accurate way to time yourself is essential.
A simple stopwatch is one solution, but it doesn’t give you much flexibility, and it definitely leaves a few features to be desired. The GymBoss interval timer is a nifty little device and offers a perfect solution. Rather than list out all of the specific features and advantages it offers, I thought I’d just put together a list of seven cool kettlebell/ body weight/ conditioning GymBoss workouts you can try yourself … so you can get some new workout ideas and see how the timer works at the same time.
7 Great Kettlebell/ Body Weight/ Conditioning GymBoss Workouts
- http://www.brinkzone.com/general-fitness-info/gppconditioning-day-the-vid/ – How you can use the GymBoss for GPP/conditioning
- http://www.gymboss.com/crossfit-workout-timer.php – Sample CrossFit workouts with the GymBoss
- http://mutusystem.com/gymboss-intervals-timer-free-workout-video.html – An at home GymBoss workout
- http://www.jeremyko.com/2011/07/why-i-love-my-gymboss-interval-timer/ – Run-down of various workouts/etc. you can do with the GymBoss
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsH4BRNRYgI&feature=player_embedded – Tabata kettlebell workout
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WirQWunpF4 – Another Tabata workout with kettlebells and body weight
- http://www.healthhabits.ca/2009/01/21/warning-tabata-workouts-will-cause-fat-loss/ – Even more Tabata workouts w/ the Gymboss
Having an accurate and reliable way to time your work/rest intervals during a workout is essential. The GymBoss interval timer is a great solution … and the seven workouts in this article are a great starting point for your training efforts.
Keep working hard -
P.S. Signed up for my weekly kettlebell email newsletter yet? You’ll get cool kettlebell training tips and tricks just like the ones in this article delivered straight to your email inbox every week when you do … PLUS a free copy of my Beginner’s Guide to Kettlebell Training … just drop your name and best email into the box at the upper right of the page to get it now.
P.P.S. The 10×10 Kettlebell Solution is now available on Amazon.com! Grab your copy here: The 10×10 Kettlebell Solution