Today, I have a workout for you from the FVT “vault”. I used this set up for a full program I wrote a while back (we have a few workouts like it in the FVT Coaching Club) – but for some reason got away from using it in the training session programming as of late …
This workout set up is really cool. It’s kind of sneaky – in that it seems easy for the first few minutes, and then it creeps up on ‘ya …
And it’ll get ‘ya an amazing cardio workout – without having to do cardio in a “traditional” sense.
Okay, let’s break it down, so you can give it a go:
“Beat the Clock” KB/BW Workout
- Set your timer for 45 second intervals.
- Perform exercise one in the squence for prescribed number of reps.
- Your rest period is the time between when you’re finished with your set and the next interval starts.
- For example … first interval = 15 push ups. Do your 15 push ups. If you can crank ‘em out in 20 seconds, you get 25 seconds before you have to start your next set. If it takes you 40 seconds to do your push ups, that’s okay too – but you only get five seconds of rest before you have to move on to the next exercise.
- Do three rounds of each sequence before resting.
- 15 push ups
- 20 squat jumps
- 15 KB see saw presses (two KB’s at once – press one up while the other comes down – like a see-saw)
- 8 reverse lunges each leg with KB in goblet position
- 15 inverted rows/beginner pull ups (with suspension trainer or Smith machine, etc.)
- 15 squats with KB in goblet position
- 20 two hand KB swings
- 10 burpess (no push up)
Give that KB/BW Beat the Clock workout a go, and let me know how you do.
And, if you are looking for more new, interesting, and fun KB/BW workouts just like it …
That’s it for today. Hope you have an awesome weekend, and talk soon -