We are always on the lookout for the newest workout, diet, and supplement regime that will help us shed fat and add lean muscle.
But one thing we often forget is that your body is PRIMED for building muscle during sleep.
If you are not sleeping well, much of your workout efforts could actually be wasted.
Because, during sleep, the repairing of muscle and other tissues occurs, as well as the replacement of aging or dead cells.
Your hormone levels are also impacted BIG time during sleep.
Here are some signs you might not be getting enough:
– You hit the snooze button on your alarm at least once every morning. Regardless, you wake up tired, sluggish, and unmotivated despite going to bed at a decent hour most nights
– You try losing body fat … yet each morning you’re heavier on the scale or stuck at the same weight as the day before despite eating healthy and exercising
– You struggle to focus at your job and get passed up for promotions and bonuses by the “young bucks” in your workplace
– You experience inconsistent energy swings throughout the day and take naps during the week
– You wake up in the middle of the night or have trouble falling asleep within the first five minutes of closing your eyes in bed
So what to do about it?
Here are a few basic tips to start:
– Avoid alchohol and caffeine at night
– Set up a correct sleeping enviornment
– Train hard – but not so late in the day that it distrupts your sleep
– No screen time before bed – TV, phone, etc
– Do a “brain dump” – write down what you’re thinking about and worrying about before bed
If you are serious about improving your sleep, I also recommend you check out the “Anabolic Sleeping” protocol:
I will be back with more info on it later this week, but for now, click the link above to get all the details on this “overnight muscle building solution”.
Thanks, hope these tips help you improve your sleep, and stop killing your GAINZ!
– Forest Vance
Certified Personal Trainer
Master of Science, Human Movement