Great new kettlebell combo workout for you today – first, check out the video:
To recap the workout:
- Begin the combo with a single Turkish getup.
- When you reach the top of the getup – you’ll be in a standing position with the KB locked out overhead – you’ll move straight into two clean and presses on the same side.
- Upon finishing the clean and presses , you’ll do three kettlebell snatches on the same side.
- When you finish the third kettlebell snatch, you’ll return to the ground from an overhead lockout position by performing the second half of your Turkish getup.
- Repeat the combination on the other side, and do the entire circuit 3 to 5 times as fast as you can (and of course using great form).
Enjoy, train hard and talk to you next time!
Forest Vance, Certified Russian Kettlebell Challenge Instructor
P.S. If you haven’t signed up for my weekly newsletter yet, now’s a great time to do so! You’ll get a free copy of my beginner’s guide to kettlebell training, in addition to weekly kettlebell workouts, videos, training tips and much more – just drop your name and best e-mail in the box at the upper right hand corner of the page to sign up now!
3 thoughts on “Kettlebell Turkish Get Up/Clean + Press/Snatch Combo Workout”
Pingback: Kettlebell Routines | Kettlebell Basics
Forest, thank you very much for all the free teaching you do! I’m new @ kettlebell training (been working out with weights my whole life) and Im doing TGU/ Swings and Squat to curl to Press with dumbells. I do 2 sets of each: approx. 6-10 TGU each arm, 25 swings, then 10 squat to curl to presses. I do this workout 2x week with plenty of rest because Im 63yrs. old and I hurt for a few days! I also do Tai Chi 3x week and ride my bicycle hard for 12 miles on Sundays. All this and Im still working 40hrs. a week @ my job in facilities maintenance. What do you think about all this? Thanks Bill
Hey Bill –
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words …
I think honestly you may be better served to focus just on the TGU’s and swings … between those two exercises you’re really hitting every major muscle group.
A good way to organize these two exercises is the way Pavel recommends in ETK … 12 mins of swings alternated with ‘active rest’, and 5 mins. of TGU’s switching sides each rep.
Hope that helps!