We opened registration for the “Summer KB Shred” 30 Day Challenge yesterday.
I am shocked that almost half of the 20 available spots have already filled!
One thing that several folks requested was to see what a typical Summer KB Shred workout looks like.
I am going to share one with you right now. But before we get to it, a bit about how the program is set up:
– I email you a packet, in PDF format, with a detailed training plan, each week
– We work off of a similar structure for the full 30 days – so that you can work on and improve the main exercises you are training – but there are lots of small changes, so that you never do the exact same workout more than once
– Exact reps, sets, rest periods, and suggested weights are prescribed for each workout
– I link out to videos that show you how to do each move with proper form
– If you have questions or need substitutions because of equipment or injury or anything else, you have full access at any time to post in the FB group, and I will get back to you as fast as I can
All that being said, here is a sample workout (exercise videos, prescribed weights, other details left out in fairness to those participating – but this should give you a great idea of what we are working on!):
“Summer KB Shred” 30 Day Challenge – Sample Workout
1 – Begin by performing 8 reps (4 per side) of the “beginner” Aztec push up. Without resting, move on to heavy, two hand kettlebell swings for 15 reps. Rest about 60 seconds and repeat the KB swing / push up pairing 4x.
2 – Second exercise pairing is 1 arm KB press and walking lunge. Do 3 reps per side on the 1 arm KB press, then move directly into the walking lunges, performing 10 reps per side. Perform 4 rounds of this paring, resting as little as possible.
3 – Set your timer on 30 second intervals. You’ll be working for 6 minutes (so 12 intervals total). Do 5 KB snatches with your right hand, on the first interval. Rest period is the time between when your set is over, and the next 30 second interval starts. Alternate sides each interval, repeat for the full 4 mins / 8 rounds.
The “Summer KB Shred” 30 Day Challenge is geared towards folks who want to lose fat, gain lean muscle, and make a serious body transformation in 30 days using kettlebells as their training tool of choice (with some body weight exercise mixed in as well).
In addition to the workouts detailed in today’s article, you get a meal plan designed to help you rapidly lose fat over the 30 day period.
I will require that you check in regularly, saying how your workouts are going, how your diet is going, etc. Any time you have a question, you can post that too, and I will get right back with you. And if you have questions about your form / technique on any of the exercises in the program, you can post a video of you doing the movement to critique.
If you feel like the program could be a fit for what you are looking for, fill out the application form below, and we’ll see if we can get you in (The cost for the Summer KB Shred – 30 Day Challenge – IF you are accepted – is a one-time payment of $79):
Train hard, talk soon –
Owner, FVT Boot Camp and Personal Training
Master of Science, Human Movement
Level 2 Certified Russian Kettlebell
Certified Progressive Calisthenics Instructor
Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach