EMOM (stands for every minute on the minute) is a type of HIIT workout where you perform a specific task at the start of every minute for a set amount of time.
It is a great way to work on:
– workout pacing
– progression from one training session to the next
– analyze performing DURING the workout
And much more.
Here is a seemingly simple, but quite tough, 18 minute Kettlebell / Bodyweight EMOM for you to try:
– Set your timer for 60 second intervals.
– At the start of interval one, do 10 one arm KB swings per side.
– Your rest before the next exercise is the remaining time from when you are finished with this set, until the next 60 second interval starts.
– At the start of 60 second interval two, do 20 push ups. Rest period is the same as with the swings (remaining time before next interval)
– At the start of 60 second interval three, do 10 walking lunges per leg.
– Same rest period, now roll right back to the top and repeat five more times for a total of six rounds of each move and an 18 minute workout.
You can check out the video below for a demo (NOTE – reps / exercises may be slightly tweaked, scaled up or down, etc – but overall workout structure is the same):
And, if you liked this workout, I think you will love the Funk Roberts HIIT workout bundle. It is on sale this week and has dozens and dozens and dozens more workouts like this one from top trainer (and good friend of mine) Funk Roberts:
Funk Roberts HIIT workout bundle => http://bit.ly/funkrobertshiitbundle
To your success! –
– Forest Vance
Master of Science, Human Movement
Certified Personal Trainer