We are officially starting our April 2019 42 Day Kettlebell Challenge this coming Monday, April 15th.
I am excited to be working with a new group!
(There is still time to get in if you are interested – info at the bottom of this post.)
For one, it’s my 38th birthday this coming Tuesday the 16th. I was 14 years old when I started lifting weights. So this will mark my 25th year in the strength game!
Also, the energy and enthusiasm in the first week of a new Challenge is so great.
So if you want to get in and haven’t yet, I encourage you to submit an application – info at the bottom of this message.
All this said, I wanted to share a sample workout from the program with you.
This sample does not include many of the things that make these Challenges unique:
– Accountability – you post every time in our private group when you complete a workout – this is SUCH a key element that is missing from so many online programs
– New workouts – we give you a fresh new workout plan every week for the 42 days – following a similar “theme”, so that you can work on similar movements and continue to get better, but also so that you never repeat the exact same workout twice
– Feedback – post your questions, your victories, your losses – anything to the group, and we will be there to coach and motivate and bring you along the way
– Focus – having a 42 day period where you are zeroed in on a specific goal is POWERFUL for breakthrus in all areas of life!
– Group dynamic – you’ll have a cohort of folks doing the exact same Challenge with you at the exact same time – which keeps you movtivated and on track
BUT – it gives you an idea of what to expect:
KB Shred – Sample Workout
*video demo links included in full program
Do each exercise at a medium pace for 30 seconds. No rest between movements. Do 3 rounds total:
— Prisoner Lunges w/ twist
— Shoulder Pass Throughs (can be done with a broom, jump rope or resistance band held taught)
— Good Mornings
Do 4 rounds of the following:
— 10 Double KB Deadlifts (recommended weight: 16-20K women, 24-32K Men)
— 10 Kettlebell jump squats
— 8 KB Pushups
— 6 Long Jump Burpee Shuffle:
— 5/ea Bottoms Up Kettlebell Press (recommended weights:8-12K women, 16-20K Men)
FINISHER: Do 3 rounds of the following moves for 40 seconds per exercise. Take 10 seconds to transition to the next exercise. Rest 45 seconds between rounds:
— Lateral Jump High Knees
— Bear Plank Sit Through
— Split Shuffle
— Plank with Hip Twist
Perform each move for 30 seconds, 2 rounds:
— Butterfly Stretch
— Bird Dog
— Thoracic Prone Rotation
Want to join us for our April 2019 42 Day Kettlebell Challenge?
IMPORTANT – in my last email, I sent a direct link to the sign up page as an experiment.
Typically, we get applications from everyone and review them to make sure each participant is a great fit, based on their current goals, fitness level, etc.
We always get hundreds of applications, and as you can imagine, it’s a lot of work to go through them!
We decided to try skipping that part of the process, and letting people “self-select”, so to speak.
That was our mistake, and I apologize.
Though it’s time-consuming, it’s also critical.
Because we want to know a little about you and your goals and make sure the Challenge is a good fit, before just throwing you in the fire.
So if you want to join for this upcoming program, please submit your application at the link below:
We will personally review your app and get back to you on next steps, as to if the Challenge is a fit, and how to sign up.
I look forward to hearing from you!
– Forest Vance, MS
Certified Russian Kettlebell Instructor